Barton Malow Scholarship & Internship Award
Established by commercial contractor Barton Malow to provide financial support to a Macomb student studying in a construction-related field. It also provides an opportunity for a full-time paid internship opportunity.
• applicant must be enrolled in Construction Technology, Architectural Technology, Land Survey Technology, Civil Technology, or Applied Technology with a preferred interest in commercial construction.
• prefer leadership experience amongst peers through on campus activities, sports, community involvement, etc.
• half-time enrollment (6 credits hours or more) each semester of award)
• minimum GPA 3.0 each semester of award
• award is for tuition, books, and fees
• applicant must provide a 250 word essay about what their career goals in a construction related field
• If elected, the recipient of award is required to meet the following qualifications for Barton Malow’s internship program:
o drug screening and criminal background check
o available for a minimum of 12 weeks, full-time
o have reliable transportation
o Willingness to travel