Keith and Vuriel Kohlmann Phi Theta Kappa Memorial Endowed Award
Created by the family and friends in memory of Keith and Vuriel Kohlmann, this award provides financial assistance to Phi Theta Kappa students at Macomb Community College. Phi Theta is the International Honor Society of the Two-Year College.
• Applicant must submit an essay:
o Describing his/her career goal and their educational plan to achieve it
o How has Phi Theta Kappa made an impact on your life
o Why do you volunteer?
• A thank you letter must be sent to the Kohlmann family through the Macomb Community College Foundation Office before the award is disbursed.
• Must be a member in good standing with Phi Theta Kappa
• Registered for a minimum of 6 credit hours for both the Fall and Winter Semesters (if registered for less that 6 credits, rationale may be provided along with an outline of how you will complete your educational goals).
• Volunteer a minimum of 20 hours in the academic calendar year and record hours through the Student Development Transcript
• Must participate in at least one Phi Theta Kappa program a semester
• Applications for award are available in the Student Life and Leadership offices. The applications must be submitted to the Student Life and Leadership offices by the second Friday in April
• The Dean of Student & Community Services will lead the selection process which will include a representative of the Kohlmann family and members of the Student Life and Leadership Office