Eleanor Marecki Balchan Memorial Scholarship
Established by the family, friends, and colleagues of the late Eleanor Marecki Balchan, a former professor at Macomb Community College. The scholarship provides financial assistance to students interested in speech and pursuing a speech or teaching degree.
- 24 semester hours or more completed at the time of award
- half-time enrollment (6 credit hours or more) each semester of award
- minimum GPA 3.2 each semester of award
- award is for tuition, fees, and/or books, and/or expenses to compete in speech competitions sponsored by the College
- brief summary of educational goals in pursuing speech or a teaching degree
- nominated by a Macomb speech professor; letter must accompany application (student cannot be related
by blood or marriage to nominator)
- preference to students 24 years of age or older at time of nomination, raising a family, and seeking
a college degree to improve their ability to provide for their family as a secondary wage earner.
- documentation to support these situations must be submitted with application.
- Supplemental Questions
- Are you 24 years of age or older, raising a family, and seeking a college degree to improve your ability to provide for your family as a secondary wage earner?
- If yes, have you included documentation to support your situation?
- Are you pursuing a speech or teaching degree?
- Please provide a brief summary of your educational goals in pursuing speech or a teaching degree.
- Please enter the name and email address of a MCC speech professor (not related to you by blood or marriage) to submit a reference on your behalf.