United Way's Scholarship for Youth in Transition
Provides resources for youth to develop financial independence through education and assistance for those who transition out of foster care. Up to $2,000 available to those who qualify.
- admitted to Macomb Community College
- half-time enrollment (6 credit hours or more) each semester of award
- award is for tuition, fees and books
- between the ages of 17-21 and are/were under the care and supervision of the Michigan Department of Human Services on or after their 14th birthday
- enrolled in an academic program, Transitions Workshop, or the Center for Continuing Education.
- minimum high school GPA of 2.0 and maintain a 2.0 GPA once enrolled in a degree-credit program
- provide copy of eligibility letter from Department of Human Services Case Worker
- Supplemental Questions
- Are you between the ages of 17 and 21?
- Were you under the care and supervision of the Michigan department of Human Services on or after your 14th birthday?
- Please provide a copy of your eligibilty letter from your Department of Human Services case worker.
- Please provide a copy of your high school transcript.