The Ramza M. Macksoud Badge with Honor Scholarship
Established by Mr. and Mrs. Raymund and Roseanne Macksoud in loving memory of Ramza M. Macksoud. Ramza was the proud mother of two, distinguished career police officer sons, Retired Lieutenant Raymund Macksoud of the Clinton Township Police Department and Retired Lieutenant Joseph Macksoud of the Detroit Police Department. Her memory will be eternal with this named scholarship at Macomb Community College, which is used to assist law enforcement students entering the basic police academy in accomplishing their educational and professional goals.
• preference given to Clinton Township residents, or to Macomb County residents
• must have a law enforcement degree or be obtaining a law enforcement degree in the near future
• minimum 2.5 GPA
• 500-word essay describing their professional goals and a description of what “badge with honor” means to you. Any military experience should be included in the essay, along with a copy of discharge papers. If you are currently serving in the reserves, please include this information in the essay
• letter of recommendation from an instructor or professional in the law enforcement field required
• award is for tuition, fees and books
• one $750 scholarship will be awarded to a graduating student in the Fall class based on available funds
• An application will be provided to eligible students. Please contact the Macomb Community College’s Police Academy.